Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Clearly Sparkling

Hey everyone! So sorry it's been awhile, things here have been so crazy. I have been working 55+ hours a week, plus taking care of things around the house! Sure can't wait till fall to have some down time and only have to think about scrapping!

Another great challenge from Creative Inspirations Paints this week entitled "It's Clearly Sparkling". We were to use CI Paints on acetate or acrylic. I must admit that I have never used either of them before, so this was a first!


Check the blog out for all the other great creations!

Was pretty upset that my camera decided to die on me over the weekend! So I had to use an old one that I borrowed from my sister, so the pics aren't the greatest, I'm really sorry.


With Father's Day right around the corner, I decided to make a card for my hubby.


I don't have a deep cutting blad for my Cricut, which I think may have helped, but I think it worked good enough. I cut the acetate down to just about the size I need and used the Cricut cart "Cuttin' Up" to cut DAD out of the acetate. It didn't go all the way through, so I used the combination of scissors and an exacto knife to cut it all the way through.
I used the sponge daubers to dab the paint on the acetate. I also let the little guy dip his fingers in the paint and then dab it on the acetate, he thought it was so fun to help out!! :) Considering it is a card for daddy I though it would be fun to have him help!



Shimmer!! I just love the effect these paints give! The work on just about everything possible. What is really great is the fact that they dry so quickly!!

I think the paints shimmer even more when used on the acetate! Not only is the acetate itself shine, but with the shimmery paints on it I think it shimmer's even more! I also used the paints on the brads so that they would match!

I used CI Paints; Sage, Evergreen, Royal Blue, Sapphire and Turquoise.

Her is my little helper sound asleep on my chair! He ended up falling asleep behind me as I was putting the card together!! It was so cute, just before he fell asleep, I said "This is going to be daddy's card we're going to give him for Father's Day" and Sawyer replied saying, "Oh Pretty!"

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great Father's Day card, the paints look like Polished Stone on the acetate. Cute photo of your little boy!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great idea, I agree with Lisa, it does look like polished stone! And what a cutie boy you got Mom.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling picture- how fun that he helped you out making Daddy's card- can he keep a secret??? Fun look you achieved too- it does look like polished stone. TFS