Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Color Spolight: Sage

Once again it's Tuesday, so that means another featured color on the CI Blog. This week I've chosen SAGE! Such a pretty green color!

Color in the cover:

This past weekend I was at the Mall of America for Scrapfest, what fun!! Anyway I had taken a class by Prima Marketing - I just love flowers!! Anyway the leaves below were cut out of some of the packaging from the flowers we used to make the LO below.How cool is that? I have never really looked at the packaging from products before, but they encouraged us to start taking a closer look at the packaging and try re-using it for projects. So we cut these leaves out - and obviously as I was in the class I kept thinking - "I can't wait to get to my CI Paints to add some shimmer to this project!!" :) So when I got home I added SAGE to the leaves to give them some shimmer!

Here's the layout:

Two close-ups of the bottom right flowers and leaves with CI Paint SAGE!

I also used SAGE to alter my paper. The top half has some circles that I thought it would be fun to add some shimmer to.
I also used the remaining paper I had from the layout to make this card:
A very simple, yet elegant card!

A close-up of the flower cluster. Again I used CI Paint SAGE to add shimmer to the leaves!
Using the paints just adds such a beautiful end touch to all projects! I just love these paints!

Check out SAGE along with all the other great colors you can choose from when ordering! SAGE would be great for those Christmas tree's on the holiday cards that we'll will have to be starting soon!

Have a great day!

Kendra

5 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Love the sage green and it looks great on your leaves! I wish I would have gone up to MN for Scrapfest! (I live in Iowa so it's only a couple hours away!)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wow... what a beautiful Layout! I love how you did the leaves! I try to re-purpose everything I can! Isn't it funny how you will now look at everything with new eyes to see how it can be used?! TFS

Michelle said...

Hey....never thought of using the CI Paints on the leaves....awesome idea! And congrats on making Faith's Design team...way to go!! And really....thanks again for an awesome weekend @ Scrapfest...it was the best!

Sherrie Conner said...

Hello Kendra! Welcome to the D2D team!! WOOT!!
Great layout of your cutie pie!! :)

Sheryl said...

Love it! And your cards are so pretty!