Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Bling with Sweet Stamps

Sweet Stamps Challenge:

Christmas Bling

Make sure to join us on the Sweet Stamps blog, we'd love to see what you create. You have a chance at winning $20 to purchase some "sweet" things of your own!! There's plenty of wonderful things to choose from!

Here's the card I created:
I created a fun gate-fold card for this challenge.  For the front sentiment I used "Look Like Christmas", which has to be one of my favorite holiday sentiments!  I guess I just love decorating for Christmas and love all the lights!  It is kind of hard to tell and I couldn't get the greatest picture, put the paper I used the sentiment on was first stamped with some VersaMark using the "Tiny Snowflake Background".  The tree on the front is a fun die! It's by Nellie's Multi Frame's and is called "Christmas Tree Multi Frame Dies'.  You get two trees, an ornament and star dies.

I really like it because I love being able to BLING it up!  I used some Silver rhinestones on the tree to act as ornaments or lights.  The red garland is actually white thread that I covered with Creative Inspiration Paints "Rustic Red" to make red and to add shimmer to.  I used CI Paint "Gold" on the star on top of the tree.


I used "Merry Christmas Script" for the inside sentiment. And also stamped the outlined ornament from the "Ornament Silhouette and Outline Duo" set.

I then used CI Paints "Rustic Red" and "Silver Frost" to add shimmer to the ornament!
Lastly, I finished off the card, by adding "Lippy Red" and "Mint Green" rhinestones!

Have a wonderful day!

Kendra

-------------------------------------

Challenges:

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

The design is wonderful and all the bling is perfect. How fun you used some CIP to bling it up.
Hope you had a great vacation-can't wait to see pics
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Wow! Your Christmas tree is gorgeous. Love the shimmer on the ornament too!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

A beautiful card! Love the tree and the bling! I like the DP's and shimmer from the paints. Pretty!!

Unknown said...

Love this card.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Kendra this is FANTASTIC! You did a wonderful job on this! It is gorgeous!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Really cute layout on your card. The different papers go well together and the ribbon and rhinestones really add the finishing touch.