Friday, November 18, 2016

Deepest Sympathy


Hello Stamping Friends!

Today I am on the Inspired By Stamping Blog!!

I believe, like many people, I struggle with Sympathy cards.  I never have liked making them, but unfortunately sometimes we have to.

When the Garden Roses stamp set was release this month, I thought what a wonderful set it would be to use to create an elegant and beautiful Sympathy card.

So I am going to share with you today a fun and quick Sympathy card.

I started by using my VersaMark ink to stamp the open view of the rose in my bottom right corner of my card three times and then used white embossing powder to cover it.  I heat set it with my heat tool!


I then grabbed my Distress Ink Pad in Squeezed Lemonade and a dauber, so that I could add some color to the edge of my paper.

I inked up the dauber and added the ink by first dabbing it on my scratch piece of paper and then bringing the color onto my main piece in a circular motion.
Continue to your liking!

At first I started out thinking I was going to use a pink ink, but decided on a yellow as I wanted the roses to be a little subtle in the background.


My finished Sympathy card:

I added the sweet "someone so special will never be forgotten" and "With Deepest Sympathy" from the Big Sympathy stamp set!

I love the slight size difference between the two sentiments.  As well as the fonts used!  Makes for a really nice flow in my opinion!

I then added some twine and some enamel dots to finish off my card!
I think it makes for a really elegant Sympathy card!  I tend to like to create clean and simple Sympathy cards, since the matter at heart is pretty huge and heavy.

 Thanks for stopping by today!

Be sure to check out all of Inspired By Stamping's products!

Have a lovely day!




------------------------




No comments: