Sunday, December 10, 2017

Simple Joys

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I'm on the Dare 2B Artzy Blog today!!

Have you had a chance to see the two new stamp sets released by D2BA?!
(Holly Christmas and Holiday Magic)

They are so fun!!

I decided to work with the Holiday Magic set first!

I was immediately drawn to the branch in the set!  It was screaming 'wreath' to me!!

I started by grabbing a few supplies:

Circle dies are perfect to use for lightly tracing around the outside to give you your wreath shape:
 Even after tracing around the die, I sometimes go back and lightly erase the lines a little to be sure the are light enough, so that you won't even end up seeing them after stamping!!

Now the fun begins!!

Add the branch stamp from the Holiday Magic stamp set to a clear block and begin stamping around the circle you've created:
 I used the Margarita Lime Ink for my stamped branches!

Have fun with this!!

It's okay to over lap the branches when stamping!

Here is a look once I got all the way around:
 How fun!!

I decided to grab a darker green ink and add some more branches on top!!
 I really like the look of the two colors!  Adds some dimension!!

At first I thought about adding some rhinestones to my wreath, but then decided it may be too much.  So I decided some berries would be fun.  Now to either create my own or find a stamp set!  Found the perfect berries!!  I ended up grabbing the Playful Posies stamp set!!  The grouping of three dots, is perfect!!  A total Happy Dance moment!!
After stamping the 'berries' I added Glossy Accents to each of them to give them dimension!  I then sprinkled glitter on the card base while they all were still wet to add some sparkle!!

My finished card:
Both sentiments are from the Holiday Magic stamp set!! 

Close-up:
Aren't the berries yummy!!

I am so in love with this fun and simple design!!


Check out all D2BA's products here!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Be sure to check back for more amazing inspiration!

Have a beautiful day! 

3 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

This is so beautiful, Kendra! I love the wreath a lot.

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how Pretty! Your wreath looks beautiful! Wonderful CAS Card!

Theresa

Georgiana said...

Your wreath looks amazing!