Saturday, October 6, 2018

Shaped Shaker Card

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I'm on the Dare 2B Artzy Blog today!!


Have you had a chance to check out D2BA's awesome new nested dies?

I'm personally in love with each one of them!!  You can find them here!!

I LOVE shaker cards!  So when I first got them I instantly created a shaker card!  I was then asked to share how I created it!!

So I've created another shaped shaker to share my process with you!

I started by grabbing the largest die from the Nesting Rectangle Fancy Frames to create my card base from a piece of white cardstock.  I laid the die slightly over my scored edge.
FUN!!  The start to a fun shaped card!

I also used the die to cut the entire shape from a piece of white cardstock to use for my first layer. This step can be optional.  I like to do this to make the card sturdier and to also make the back of the card look clean as I will be using some double sided pattern paper.  Since we didn't use the entire die to make the base some of the pattern will show on the top, not a big deal, but I like to keep things looking clean.

Here is a photo to show you what it looks like with just the pattern paper:


With my white cardstock first:

Like I said, not a big deal, since it is the back!  Either way is fine!


I then grabbed the largest die again to die cut the shape from a piece of Pitcher This pattern paper, which is part of the Summertime Petals Collection Paper Pack, and a piece of acetate.


I then took the largest die along with the 2nd largest to create a frame:

Now let's have some fun!!

Adhere the piece of acetate to the die cut frame!
I added Glossy Accents around the outside of the frame and then placed the piece of acetate on top.  Allow a little time to dry before moving on.

Here is my frame along with the two foam stripes I tend to use most when creating my shakers:

Carefully place the stripes around the window, making sure they touch so that none of your shaker mix falls out:

Here is a look at the entire window once I had the foam placed all around:
At this point I start to get so excited!!  I love creating shaker mixes!!

But first, if you'd like you can add some baby powder around the inside edges of the foam.  This can help the shaker mix from sticking to the foam.  I still find that sometimes it does, so I don't always do this process.  It doesn't bug me if it does stick the edges of the foam!

Remove the backing from the foam tape!

Time to add your shaker mix, my favorite part!!
I usually grab all the sequins and seed beads I plan to use and then gradually add some of each!!

Fun!!

I cut some banners from my Silhouette, one from a piece of Pretty in Pink pattern paper and another from white cardstock.  I stamped the 'I couldn't have picked a better FRIEND than YOU.' sentiment from the Bouquet 4 You stamp set on the white banner.
I placed the pattern banner on my card first and then the white banner!

 I used the Fresh Picked Die Set to die cut a bouquet of flowers from a piece of Fresh Cut Blooms patter paper! Which I added to my card using foam dots!
So fun and pretty!

Shake Shake Shake!!

Here is a look at the first shaped shaker card I created:
I used the lovely Nesting Oval Scalloped Frames for this shaped shaker!

Go ahead, I DARE you 2 get ARTZY and create a fun shaped shaker card!!

Check out all D2BA's products here!

Have a beautiful day! 

2 comments:

Klaudija Rajković said...

very nice cards

Helen said...

Kendra these shaped shaker cards are so lovely. I'm already imagining special shaped shaker holiday cards! Thanks for the inspiration.