Monday, December 5, 2011

Cute Snowman

Good morning!!  I have a fun card to share with you this morning using a Unity Stamp I picked up at the last stamp expo I went to.  I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more winter stamps this year, but I fell for this adorable snowman!!

I started by choosing my papers I wanted to use for this card and then colored in the image.  I just love these colors together! Such a fun holiday card!

Close-up:

Close-up of the adorable snowman!!
I used CI Paint Turquoise on the his scarf and hat and on the teal paper around the image.  I used Winter Frost for the snow!

I wanted to share something fun I have enjoyed doing lately....

Creating my own stick pins!  It's soooo easy!  And a lot of fun to add CI Paints to them so they shimmer!!

First, I start by using a punch or die cutting machine to cut out how many shapes I need, in this case I used a snowflake punch to punch out 4 snowflakes.

I then used Green Olive CI Paint to add shimmer to the paper.

Quickly add hot glue from your glue gun, put a pin in it, then quickly press the other snowflake on top!

So fun, quick and easy!!

 Put a pop-dot where you would like them to stick out...

 And look at that...
How FUN!!  So shimmery!  I also used some CI Clear Jewels!

Now you can make stick pins to match your project perfectly!  As sometimes I have a hard time finding the exact ones I want. 


Have a nice day!


Kendra

--------------------------------------

1 comment:

My Need 2 Craft said...

This card is just gorgeous! I <3 purple and green and snowmen. :) Love the stick pin snowflake idea. I just might have to steel this idea. (oops, did I say that out loud?) hehe Hugs!