Monday, June 4, 2018

A Sweet Friendship

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I have a card to share with you that I am featuring on the Dare 2B Artzy Blog today using the Refresh the Soul stamp set!!

I started by creating my card base using a piece of blue paper.  I then grabbed a piece of Pretty Petals paper for the plaid side to create a layer slightly smaller than my base.

I then did something a little different then I normally would!  I cut another layer slightly smaller from white cardstock and stamped the single flower from the Refresh the Soul stamp set with Totally Black Ink!  I inked the edges with a light blue ink!  I was a little skeptical on doing this at first, but thought I would give it a try!  Normally, I would have stamped the flowers in colored ink, either one color or multiple colors!

I really like how the stamped black flowers look.  I think if I would have done them colored, they would have blended into my card too much.  And my goal was for them to stand out, but not take away from the sentiment and pitcher!

The Pretty Petals paper contains a strip of dark blue with light blue polka dots, which I used for the top and bottom of my white cardstock layer I created to stamp my sentiment on, which is from the Refresh the Soul stamp set.  Isn't this sentiment true?!  A friendship is truly great for the soul!!

I fussy cut a pitcher from the Pitcher This designer paper to add next to my sentiment!!

Check out all D2BA's products here!

Have a beautiful day! 

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

It turned out so pretty Kendra! Good for you stepping out of your comfort zone to try this.... The background flowers do POP but don't take away from the beautiful Sentiment or pitcher! Really pretty design! :) Have a great day!

Theresa