Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Gelli Arts + D2BA Collaboration

Hello Artzy Friends!

I am so excited about this blog post today!!

Dare 2B Artzy and Gelli Arts have joined together for a fun collaboration!!

I have honestly never used Gelli Arts!  It's been on my to do list for awhile now!  But just haven't done it, so I am so thankful for this team-up!!  And the push to finally try it out!

LOVE it!!

I had so much fun creating my card for today's post!!

Here is a close-up:
So fun!!

Here is a look at my process:
I used the 5x7" Gelli Printing Plate!  I started by adding some acrylic Teal colored paint and then pressed the Wacky Boxes Stencil gently onto the plate to remove some of the paint.  I then grabbed my card base and placed the 'good side' down onto the plate and rubbed the back side gently. 

Fun!!

Next I grabbed some purple paint!!
This time I decided to remove some of the paint by stamps.  I grabbed the fun Totally Tracy Textures stamp set!  I love the circle design!

Again I placed my card base on the plate and rubbed gently...
LOVE IT!!  I could have just stopped here....but I was having too much fun and decided to add one more layer.

This time I added some yellow!!  Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo here!  I was too into the project!! LOL!  But you can see it in the photo below...

So with the the Spring/Floral theme in mind, which I LOVE flowers, I decided to add one last layer.  But this time I didn't use the Gelli Plate.  I just used the fun Wild Flower Stencil to add some metallic white texture paste to the card base!!

I set the card base to the side to dry!

Back to the theme, I wanted to add a large flower to my card front!  So I grabbed the Totally Tracy Be Bold stamp set!  Instead of coloring the image in, I wanted to use a Gelli Arts plate to create a fun designed flower to go with my card background.

So I grabbed the 3" round mini plate from the Mini Kit!  I added a magenta paint to the plate and use the fun punchinella stencil, which is also included in the Mini Kit to rome some of the paint!!
I added then add some light pink metallic texture paste to the plate and used the 3 sided texture tool, also from the Mini Kit, to remove some of the paste.  (You can't see this design completely, unless looking really close, but I wanted to do this step to just mute the magenta paint a little) And to also add some shimmer to the flower!! 

I then stamped the flower image on this pattern and fussy cut around the image!! Before adding it to my card base, I first stamped the 'be BOLD' sentiment from the Totally Tracy Totally Tracy Be Bold stamp set!

I then added the flower to my card base!

Here is my finished card:
So pretty!!

The possibilities are absolutely endless!  
I can't wait to use my gelli plates again!!

-----

Be sure to check out all the lovely inspiration on the Gelli Arts Blog and Dare 2B Artzy Blog!!
Leave some love for your chance at winning one of the prize packs!

Gelli Arts Giveaway:
8x10 Gelli Plate, 4" Round, Mini Combs and Brayer

D2BA Giveaway:
2 Stamp Sets, 2 Stencils and an Ink Pad

-----

Use code: artzy20

For 20% off your purchase on the D2BA website!!

-----

Get any of these fun products at the Mega Meet in Novi, Michigan May 9-11!! 
Booth 522!!

Have an ARTZY day!!

13 comments:

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Awesome card, Kendra! Love all the different colors and textures! -Tasha :)

Scrapper69 said...

I gotta tell ya.... Your background turned out so flipping COOL! Love the colors and layering... Really unique design!

Theresa

Ariadnaeve said...

I love this card!!! Love the details, colors, everything!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

famillemarleau said...

It's very beautiful. I love it. Johanne Lacombe

Helen Gullett said...

Oh Gelli Plate is so much fun to use!!! I love my 5x7. And I think I need that 8X10 and circles. I hope to win them 😉 I love love love your pretty card!

Janis said...

So fun and beautiful. Thanks for detailing your techniques. I didn't know you could remove some of the paint with the stamps.....it makes perfect sense, I just have never played with a Gelli before. Love the artsy look of your project.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Cindy S said...

Your card turned out so beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the steps you used. I can’t wait to play with the Gelli Arts plate again!

Cindy S said...

Your card turned out so beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the steps you used. I can’t wait to play with the Gelli Arts plate again!

cghundley said...

Looks like you had
a lot of fun making
this card! Love the
designs you created
and the flower.
Carla from Utah

Andre M. said...

Just gorgeous, the layering of colors creates such a pretty effect. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

Karthikha said...

I don't own a gelli plate kit, but your project and the pics make me go for one :) Added to wishlist! Thank you for the beautiful inspiration :)

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Awesome card!!!

Denise Bryant said...

This looks like so much fun! Love the way your card turned out!