Monday, November 14, 2016

Flip-It Fun

Hello Stamping Friends!

 I am on the Your Next Stamp Blog today sharing how to create the fun "Flip-It" Card with the Half Circle Flip Die Set!


In my opinion this is a must have die!  It really creates a fun card!

It may look a little intimidating at first! Which is why I have created a tutorial for you to make it easy!

Just to let you know, I am also working on a second part to this series!!  First I wanted to share how to create a Flip-It card!  My next tutorial I am going to share another fun card design to change it up a little!  Another use out of this awesome die!!

Here is a look at a few supplies I quickly grabbed to get me started:
I started by creating a A2 Card base (8 1/2" x  5 1/2"), scored at 4 1/4".

I decided I was going to use the larger of the two dies from the Half Circle Flip Die Set to create this Flip-it card!!  As my sentiment and image I want to work with will work best with this size!  I've also used the awesome Circles with Stitching and Piercing Marks Die Set!  As these circles work so well together with the Half Circle Flip Die Set!

So lying my card base down I found the center of the left half of my card base, which is 2 1/8".

You can then place the card base and die in your die cutting machine.  Place the die just over your marks you created, with the circle facing to your left.  Position the die evenly from top to bottom as well, unless you want the circle position more to the top or bottom.  I am trying to make it as centered as possible.   Feel free to use a little painter's tape or post it note to keep the die in place. I have magnetic platforms, so I normally don't use them unless I think I need to! 
You are then ready to run in through your machine!  So exciting!!

It will look like this:

Now fold along the center score line, just like it was a normal card.

Lastly carefully fold the right  most section over to the left along the score lines the die created!  Should look like this:
YAY!!  You just created a Flip-It Card base!  How exciting and so much fun!

The Half Circle Flip Die Set really is great for making creating this card design so fun and easy!!

You are now able to embellish your card to your liking!!

Here is my finished card:
How fun!!  I used the adorable Just Plane Amazing stamp set for the sentiment and plane!!  As well as the coordinating Just Plane Amazing Die Set to die cut the plant, in which I then used pop-dots to adhere to the circle.

To get the striped piece of paper, I simple ran the die through my die cutting machine on the pattern paper, I then trimmed three of the edges slightly (but did not trim anything on the right side)!

Here's a glance at my in process work of creating the clouds on my die cut!
I used the Puffy Cloud Border Die Set to die cut one of the clouds to use as a mask.   I then used the Blueberry Breeze to ink add ink to the circle in circular motions.  I moved the mask a few times.  I really like how it turned out!!

Opened up:
On the inside I stamped two clouds also from the Just Plane Amazing stamp set and also added the large "Happy" in Holly Berry Red Ink and "birthday" in Black Olive Ink from the awesome Happy Everything stamp set!!

What a fun design!!

I finished off this card by adding some lovely Gumdrops!!  I just love those embellishments!!

I created this card when the die was first released:
This card used the smaller of the two dies from the Half Circle Flip Die Set!

I hope I have helped you see how fun and easy it is to use this die!!  You'll love it!!

You can view all the amazing products from YNS here!

Have a lovely day!

No comments: