Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Barn Shaped Card


Hello Stamping Friends!


I decided to revisit the Barnyard Fun Release from Frantic Stamper to share how fun it is to create a barn shaped card with the awesome Barn Card Maker die set!!

I grabbed a few supplies to start with:
Barn Card Die (FRA-DIE-09972)
Hey Y'All (FRA-DIE-09987)
Stitched Grassy Hill Edgers (FRA-DIE-09986)
Party Animals Stamp Set
Die Cutting Machine
Adhesive
Glue
Cardstock (White, Red, Green, 2 Shades of Gray, Golden Yellow, Black)
Scissors

Let's have some fun!!

I started by creating my card base (A2) from a piece of white cardstock, like I would normally. (I like to use a nice sturdy piece as my base, usually 110lb cardstock weight)

I set it aside for a moment to then die-cut the first layer of my barn from my darkest piece of gray!

Here is a picture of it once die-cut:
 
I'm not going to do any trimming to this piece as it is going to be my main layer for the barn.  (So I did once again use a little heavier piece of cardstock) 

I then grabbed my original white cardbase layer and added adhesive to the entire front.  I then added my die-cut barn so that the top of it slightly goes over my fold.


A view from the backside:

I now need to do a little trimming.

I cut the white strip that is extra along the bottom first:

I then cut the two slices of cardbase to the top right of the barn:

So my card now looks like this:

The piece of white cardbase between the silo and barn needs to be fussy cut!  So I did just that before moving on!

Now it's time to have some fun and begin assembling the barn!!

I started by die-cutting the barn from a piece of red cardstock:
I marked two arrows in the photo above with a sharpie to show where I trimmed the barn.

I then added adhesive to the area where the piece was going:

I then added the die-cut to my cardstock base!
So exciting!!

I then die-cut the barn from a piece of white cardstock and once again marked some arrows to show where I trimmed with a scissors.
I only needed the really thin piece of edging for the barn details!

I added a small amount of glue where the piece was going to go and adhered it to the base!

I then added some adhesive tape to a piece of white cardstock and ran the door dies (small and large) through twice to get two of each size as well as the trim board once.  These pieces are now stickers!!  Which make adding them to the barn easy!!

I then die-cut the top part of the silo with my lighter gray cardstock!
Trimmed it up and added it to my base!

How cool is that?!
Such a fun card it makes!!

Now it is ready to be personalized any way you'd like!!

Here is my finished card:
I ended up adding hay, which is a part of the  Barn Card Die, as well as a strip of grass, which I created using the Stitched Grassy Hill Edgers!!

Added some black pearls to the doors to act as handles!  And added a few gray pearls to my silo!  They add such a nice touch!

I added the "Hey" portion of the Hey Y'All die set just above the doors, for my main sentiment, to lead into the inside sentiment!

In which I stamped the "herd it's your birthday" and cow from the Party Animals stamp set!!
What a super fun card to make!!

Be sure to check out all of Frantic Stamper's products here!!

Have a lovely day!




------------------------

No comments: