Monday, November 1, 2010

Creative Inspirations Paints ~ Fall is in the Air

Good morning!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and a safe Halloween! I can't believe it's November already!!

Once again it is my turn on the Creative Inspiration Blog to share some inspiration. With fall being in the air around here, I thought I would do something fall related along with using the shimmery paints to make a more manly card. Most often I find these cards the hardest to make, but I think I did good!

My creation:

Sometimes it’s hard to make a manly card and yet use shimmer on it, but I used it in a very subtle way that it works well. So these beautiful CI Paints can be used on those manly cards as well without making them girly!

I first stamped one of the leaf images on white cardstock and then kind of quickly used CI Paints Garnet, Mango, Mellow Yellow, Buttercup, Citrus, Canary, Sunshine to paint in the leaf.  I wanted to act quickly so that I could blend the colors in together while they were still wet.



The end result:
 Isn't that beautiful?  I didn't completely glue down the leaf, I left some of the edges up to make it look 3-D.

I used CI Paint Mango around the edges of the outside cardstock to add some more shimmer to the card.  The paints are great for adding this little added touch, just like when you do it with ink.


Have a great day!

Kendra


-------------------------------------------------------

Challenges:
2 Sisters: No Designer Paper
-------------------------------------------------------
Details:
Size: 6.5" x 5"
CI Paints: Garnet, Mango, Mellow Yellow, Buttercup, Citrus, Canary, Sunshine
Stamps: Hero Arts "Real Leaves" (CL457), Hero Arts "Leaf" (S1236)
Ink: SU "Chocolate Chip", VersaMark, VersaMagic "Hint of Pesto", ColorBox "Chestnut Roan"
Paper: Recollection "Spice Market", White Cardstock
Misc.: SU Ribbon, Pop Dots

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so pretty, it looks like a real leaf!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

When I first glanced at your card, I thought you had added a real leaf! This turned out soo pretty...love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- love your card- such pretty colors. TFS

Stacy Walker said...

Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.