Monday, November 15, 2010

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

It's a few days early, but Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and enjoys their time with their family and friends!

I had a lot of fun making this card.  I used my Circut cart "Create a Critter" to cut out this adorable turkey!

I used my Creative Inspiration Paints to add some shimmer to him!  I just love these paints!  The come in 55 beautiful colors!  Check them out here.

I used my Cuttlebug folder "Tiny Bubbles" to emboss his back feathers.  I then painted the bubbles with CI Paint "Mango".  After the paint dried, which wasn't long at all, I sanded the paper to bring on its white core.
I really like how it turned out! 

 These little pieces of ribbon were originally white. I first used VersaMagic Pumpkin Spice Chalk Ink to cover the ribbon and then used CI Paint "Mango" on the top. I cut the ribbon into little pieces to add some embelishments to the card.

I think it adds a neat addition to the card.
Lastly to finish off the card I stamped a swirl in the top right corner with the same VersaMagic ink. I then used a tooth pick to cover the little dots with "Mango"and used "Burnt Clay" to cover two of the swirls. The added touch of shimmer is perfect!


Have a great day!

Kendra

------------------------------------------

Challenges:
Crazy Challenge: Thank You or Thanksgiving
Little Paper Shop: DieCut
Creative Card Crew: Give Thanks
Dutch Dare: CAS (Clean and Simple)
Crafty Hos' Challenge: Fall Colors
ABC Challenge: H is for Holidays
AiFactory: DieCut
Cute Card Thursday: Anything Goes
Paper Pretties: Embossing
Anything Goes: Emboss It
Caardvarks: Holiday DieCuts

6 comments:

Lola said...

Too cute! I love this cart and get more inspired to use it every time I see it used. Love all the little details.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is an adorable card...I love all layers and extra little details you added!

Cherie said...

Can I just say, what a lovely name Kendra. Your card is simply adorable, love the embossing on his tail gorgeous.
Thank you for playing along with Creative Card Crew, hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs cherie

Stacy said...

Kendra,
I love this card and embossing is great.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Stacy

Dorcas said...

Hi Kendra!
Cute turkey card! Thanks so much for joining us in our CAS challenge at DDCC!

Renee said...

What a cute turkey. love it. Thanx for joining us this week at AIF. Hope to see you back again. Don't forget about the DT call going on now.
Renee DT