Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Using CI Paints to Create Background Paper

Monday I shared a card I created with CI Paints on their blog and am sharing here with you today!

I just LOVE these paints, they are amazing!

I decided I was going to use the paints to create my own paper!  I used "Garnet" and "Blush" to create a background paper with my brayer.

I used glossy photo paper and first put the paints on a scrap piece and added a good amount of water to each color to help it smear a little better and to also help keep the paint wet longer (the paint was almost like soup), as the paint does dry pretty quickly.


Then I ran a brayer though it a few times and then ran the brayer across my good sheet of photo paper!

Oh does it shimmer!! :) Yummy!

I used "Winter Frost" to cover the hearts!  My the picture it is kind of hard to tell, but I made the winter frost have a tint of pink in it.  I had my cup of water next to me with my paint brush in and the water was reddish/pink from using the brush to put the paint on the scrap piece of paper.  So I took some of the water and mixed it with some winter frost to give it a tint of pink! 

Finished card:
I embossed the photo paper to give it a little texture as well. Pretty simple card, but I didn't want to take away from the shimmery background!!

Hope you like what I created! Have a nice day!



---------------------------------

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamps: Show Some Embossing

7 comments:

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Adorable, Kendra! :)
Thank you for the tip on how to make such lovely background paper! :))

Hugs, Hege

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Super technique, Kendra! I've never heard of these paints but they look wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing how you created your beautiful paper. So glad you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Miranda said...

lovely Kendra, great how you've made your own background paper, it's really very nice
hugs
Miranda

Arts by Sara said...

Awesome techinque... thanks for sharing it! I love your card! Hope you have a great weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the embossing and that the color fades from red to pink!! SO pretty!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Kim Costello said...

wonderful shimmer, brilliant embossing!

The Design Team & I are so pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you
HuGs Kim :)

JustYolie said...

Wonderful technique, loved how it turned out! Thank you for sharing.