Monday, February 26, 2018

Birthday Wishes


Hello Stamping Friends!

Today I have a card I created using stamps from the Crafty Doodle Chick shop!!


I used the fun Birthday Balloon stamp set by Sunny Studio Stamps!!  Along with it's coordinating Birthday Balloon Die!!

I started by creating my main card base, blueish cardstock layer and then a white cardstock layer slightly smaller.  I used my circle dies to die cut a circle from the white layer.  At first I was going to make a shaker card with the balloons, but then another idea came in to mind!!

I stamped the 'birthday' and 'wishes' sentiment in black ink near the bottom of the white layer.  I then stamped the little swirly images in the stamp set in different colors to look like confetti falling!!   I really like how it looks!! 
I then had some fun stamping the balloons!  I used one color for each balloon, I let each layer dry before adding the next layer.  I decided to use more masculine colors as I never really have masculine Birthday cards on hand.  You could also use different shades of ink color to create the balloons if you'd like!

I then die cut each of the balloons out and started arranging them the way I would like.  I placed a piece of  pattern paper behind in the die cut opening and gently marked where my balloons would be.  So that I could stamp the balloon strings!!  Once they were stamped I adhered the pattern paper behind the opening of my confetti stamped layer.  I then adhere the layers to my blueish cardstock layer!

I then once again arrangement my balloons!  The front two I placed using pop-dots behind to add some dimension!!
I finished off the card by adding some sequins!!

Love it!  Such a fun birthday card!!
Be sure to check out all the lovely products the Crafty Doodle Chick shop carries!!


Have a lovely day!




------------------------

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how FUN! I LOVE the colors... they're so bright and cheer and the background looks fabulous with all the fetti.... the balloons are awesome all layered up... Way CUTE!

Theresa