Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Creating Flowers with Stamps

Good morning stampers!

I have a card I created with some of my Creative Vision Stamps that I want to share with you this morning.  Today's post I am sharing a tutorial.

Here's my card:

I used the "Thank You" set for this card.  When I seen this set, I just knew I had to have it as I loved the set.

This is the stamp that caught my eye right away:
I thought it would be fun to use the center flower to make flowers for a card!!

I began by inking up the stamp and using a sponge to add shimmer to the stamp as well.

I used two different ink colors and stamped the image a few times, just to get a few good ones to work with.

I then cut them out.

 Just look at them:
What a great way to extend the use of this stamp by making your own flower embellishments!!  I really like how they turned out!!

The main sentiment of the card I used the masking technique:
as the actual stamp reads "thanks for everything".  I used a post-it note to cover up the "for everything" and then stamped just the "thanks.

This set really has so many options, I really love it!

Finally, here is the inside of my card, in which I have a flower as well the complete sentiment.
I hope you've enjoyed my card today!

Have a nice day!

Kendra
--------------------------------------

Challenges:
Little Red Wagon: Repeat Image (Flowers & Thanks)
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes
Your Next Stamp Challenge: Paper Piecing

3 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Great tutorial!! Great idea using stamps to create flower embellishments!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Very creative use of stamps Kendra!! I must remember to do that too ... BTW, what's that pot of ink you are using - is that shimmer?

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, love your colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
Hugs Debs