Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweet Stamps Stiches Challenge



Welcome for another Tuesday with Sweet Stamps!!

Our challenge this week is:

Stitches
Real or Faux

 
Here's my creation:

I have never added stitching to any of my projects before, so this was a first time for me, so don't laugh!  I actually think it didn't turn out too bad!  I've been wanting to add stitching to my projects, but just haven't found a simple machine that I like.  But I did buy the We R Memories Stitcher with the different heads, which is what I used for this card.  (I bought it last year and hadn't used it until now!!)  So it was time to try it out!

Anyway, here is a straight on look at the card:

For this easel card I used Firewheel Flower Duo which was one of the new releases in June.  I used the two to create the main background using the masking technique. 


I just love this sentiment, as you can use it for so many different occasions, it's called Special Day.  I think I'm going to use this for a bridal shower card, as my cousin and his fiance are getting married in Hawaii, so the bright colors will be perfect.  A few month's till be leave for the wedding, I can't wait for a vacation!!!

I also used Bold Butterfly Medium next to the sentiment. 

I then added some Creative Inspirations Fairy Dust to give the butterfly a little shimmer. And lastly I added some Teal Pearls.

Make sure to join us on the Sweet Stamps blog, we'd love to see what you create.  You have a chance at winning $20 to purchase some "sweet" things of your own!!  There's plenty of fun things to choose from!

Make sure to check out all the other lovely creations from the other DT members and leave some love!!

Have a great day!

Kendra

-------------------------------------

4 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Very pretty! Great creation with the Firewheel Duo and the butterfly is beautiful with the Fairy Dust.

Dawnll said...

Now who would laugh? I love the colors you used and of course the fairy dust-can't have enough glitter.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Your first time? It is GREAT!! Perfect! Love the colors, love it all!

Tamara Morton said...

Beautiful colours Kendra! and perfect stitching
Hugs
Tamara