Monday, June 20, 2016

Fun with Crayons

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I'm on the Dare 2B Artzy Blog today!!

For my post today, I want to share something a little fun idea for a kids card!

So when we have fun images we are always so eager to color them with a coloring medium of our choice!  Well for today's project I'm not coloring my image!! 

I'm letting the recipient, a child in my case, the chance to color the image in themselves!!


Started by collecting a few supplies:

Cardstock
Crayons
Twine

Start by stamping your image, I decided to use the adorable dog from the Ruff Day stamp set! And stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the Bright Birthday stamp set!
I absolutely LOVE Dare 2B Artzy's stamps for this technique!! The images remind me of images you'd see in coloring books!  Which is perfect for this technique! 

Now contain yourself from wanting to color the image in!  I know it is hard, as we all are use to coloring images in as soon as we stamp them!  But for this technique we aren't going to color it in!

Next put your crayons together!
I usually put 4 on my cards!

You can then adhere the bundle of crayons to your card!

So fun and simple, yet such a fun card to give a kid!

Here is my finished card:
I find that a card like this usually catches the interest of kids! As normally they aren't very interested in cards.

I finished the card off by adding some enamel hearts!


Check out all D2BA's products here!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Be sure to check back for more amazing inspiration!

Have a beautiful day! 

2 comments:

Georgiana said...

I like this idea.

L.B. said...

a great idea. Very fun.