Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter with Sweet Stamps

Sweet Stamps Challenge:

Winter

Make sure to join us on the Sweet Stamps blog, we'd love to see what you create. You have a chance at winning $20 to purchase some "sweet" things of your own!! There's plenty of wonderful things to choose from!

Here's two cards I created:
When I think of winter, I think of snow!!  I just love how this one turned out with the big bow!

 This is the first one I created and after I had it together I thought it would be fun to add the big bow, which is why I then created the one above.

The Snowflake #1 is so much fun to use!  For these cards I stamped the snowflake in black and the used CI Paints Garnet to add some shimmer!

The inside:

Instead of using an embossing to create the background, I thought I would do something a little different. I used Snowflake Die to cut out all the different snowflakes and then glues them to the card base.  There 21 snowflakes on this die!!

Lastly, a close-up of the stamped snowflake:

Sweetstamps.com Products Used:
Kendra

-------------------------------------

Challenges:
Stamps R Us: What Did U Get For X-mas?/Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Something Old and Something New
Gingerloft: Winter or Christmas
The Ribbon Girl: Red, Black and Cream

10 comments:

jonim52 said...

Very pretty card, Kendra. Love all the snowflakes!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Love the snowflake theme! Pretty card!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Kendra!! I absolutely love the colors and all of your fabulous snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
Tammy :)

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Wow! This card is just gorgeous. Love the colors and the rhinestones on the snowflake.

Dawnll said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colors and layers.
Have a sweet week

Candy C said...

Hi Kendra! I really like your snowflake cards! They are so striking...the red, white and black! Love the embossed background and then that red and black really POP! I think my favorite one is the one with the black ribbon and the little red bling. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Kendra, happy NY wishes to you and yours. What fabulous snowflake cards - they are so pretty and visually stunning hugs Karen x

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the unique coloring with the red and black on the snowflake. Very pretty.

Sarah said...

fabulous colour trio and wonderful snowflake - I love red and your card is so fresh and modern! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful Kendra, the colors of Black red and white is very stunning and your snowflake is gorgeous.