Monday, July 2, 2012

Christmas Resist with SS

This week's Sweet Stamps Challenge is a:

Christmas Resist

Wow, I must admit, it was kind of hard trying to make a Christmas card, when the weather is so warm and nice here!  But, it has gotten me in the spirit and thinking I really need to start on those x-mas cards!  Before you know it, Christmas will be here once again!!

The entire month of July at SweetStamps.com we celebrate:
Christmas in July

So for the entire month, each week we will be sharing Christmas projects using various Christmas/Winter stamps from SS!!


I am in love with the Snowflake #1 from SS, along with the I Love Snow sentiment!  As although I hate driving in the white stuff, it sure does make our landscape look pretty in winter!!


Here's the card I created:
I used the resist technique to create the bottom piece of paper. 

I first took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped my snowflake image with VersaMark and then embossed with white embossing powder!  I then used a paint brushed dipped in water and then in the cover of my two paint choices I used; Denium and Turquoise.  I painted the two colors on the paper until I got a background I liked.  I then lightly took a piece of towel and wiped of the excess on the snowflake images.  

What a beautiful shimmer!

I used CI Paint Winter Frost to add shimmer to the snowflakes!!  My favorite paint to use for holiday cards!!


SweetStamps.com Supplies Used:


Make sure to join us on the Sweet Stamps blog, we'd love to see what you create! You have a chance at winning $20 to purchase some "sweet" things of your own!!

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome technique Kendra! Gorgeous! Hugs, Joanna

jonim52 said...

Gorgeous card, love the tutorial.

Unknown said...

Woiw love these snowflakes and the shimmer!!!!!! Perfect Christmas card!!!!! Beautiful work!!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the picture tutorial for the background- I did not think of watercoloring- love the shimmer on the BG and the snowflakes. You are so right, Christmas will be here before we know it.....!

Dawnll said...

Oh how wonderful! Love the two colors and fun background

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Kendra love your card with the two colors!! The snowflakes are so perfect! Very pretty!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome!! I love your design and how you added the shimmer to the resist background. Very pretty, almost makes me wish for snow.