Tuesday, August 3, 2010

CI Paints and Marbles

Who thought CI Paints and marbles couldn't go together!?!?!?!?

Well I was sitting around my craft area last night thinking what I could do for today to be creative and I saw my lonely little marbles sitting on my craft shelf wanting some attention.

A year or so ago I had see a tutorial on using marbles to make a pattern on your paper you use.
So I thought it would be fun to try the technique with the CI Paints!

I used an empty SU Stamp set container as it works really well. I first took some clear small pop-dots and put them on the back side of the paper to keep the paper in place in the container
I then used a paint brush dipped in the color of your choice, in this case I used Green Olive, and painted the bottom of the container.

Then you can pick up the container and shack it! Do a little dance, whatever you'd like! :) The marbles roll in the paint and over the paper to add an interesting texture to the background!

Here is a picture of what the paper looked like when I was done.

I decided to do the process over, this time using Evergreen.

Just look at the paper! Isn't it pretty?!?! I just LOVE the shimmer!

Here is a picture of the actual piece I used.

I used a toothpick to get into the smaller areas of the image, where a paint brush was a little too big.

My finished card:
I think it's a great card for just about any male that likes a nice cold beer!

A close-up! Shimmer-ific!
I like using CI Paints for this technique, almost better then just plain ink, as it give the paper such a nice shimmer!

I used CI Paints: Green Olive, Blue Ice, Citrus

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this idea- never thought of using these paints with a marble! Great card too- cute image. TFS

Jean said...

Very neat!