Thursday, August 5, 2010

Party Time: Party Favors

Although I'm on Team B for CI Paints and really don't need to post until next week, I thought it would be fun to play along this week as it sounded like a fun challenge! This is something I have never done before, their challenge this week is "Party Time: Party Favors"!

CI Paints is celebrating it's 1 year Anniversary this month! How exciting! Congrats Molly! These paints are truely amazing! Mark your calendars August 15th will be our first CI Paints blog hop!!

Check the blog out to see all the creative projects!

I know I'm a little ahead of myself, but it's the only party coming up that I could think of, as I thought it would be fun to actually use what I create. I can't believe my little girl is going to be 1 in January! It feels like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant with her. I wish I could freeze time, both her and her brother are so much fun at their ages right now! I don't want them to grow up!! (keep dreaming...right?!?)

Here are the cute little party favors I've been creating this past week! I think they turned out so cute! Just perfect for a little girl's party! Not sure what I am going to put in them yet, but I think I have some time to think about that!

I first cut the favors from my Cricut at 3", using "Sweet Treats", which I just recently got as I thought it would be a fun cart to use the treats on cards and lo's for the kids. Looking through the book I got so excited when I found this crown favor!!

Then I gathered some items I thought would be fun to alter the crowns with. I then began "playing" to see what I thought looked the best.

Each crown is unique in it's own way. A few of them I just added embelishments to and painted with CI Paints.

Others I put "happy birthday" on one side, which was painted with CI Paints and "Ava" on the other side which was also painted with the paints.
Close-up picture's of the writing. I used the Sweet Treats cart for the "happy birthday" and for "Ava" I used the Songbird cart.

For these favors I used CI Paints: Pink Highlights, Sunshine and Plum

As you probably have guessed by now her 1st birthday party is going to be themed "Princess"! I think all little girls should have a princess party sometime! :)

I am also super excited, as I have a friend from High School that hopefully will be making a castle cake for her b-day. Here is a picture of a sand castle birthday cake she made for another little girl's party.

Isn't she talented as well?

I hope you enjoyed my birthday favors I made for my little princess! I had so much fun making these!! Thanks Kassi for another fun challenge! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Clare said...

Wow, these are brilliant, fab details and brill shimmer! My little Isabelle would love these for her birthday party!! : )

Shelly Schmidt said...

What fantastic goodie bags for a party- I love how you decorated them and LOVE the shimmer!!!

Kassi said...

those are so cute! I'm glad you played along, and I'm glad you are planning on using them! Your daughter is going to have such a fun party!

Creative Inspirations said...

What a great idea!!! Those are pretty cool and I am sure your daughter is going to love them.

Jean said...

These are very cute!