Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Color Spotlight: Blue Ice

Happy Tuesday everyone! This week I'm taking a look at CI Paints color Blue Ice.

And what a great way to show it off by making a masculine card! I usually have a tough time making cards for the guys as I don't own too many manly stamps. But am very pleased with the way this card turned out. It's a simple, yet a fun card I made using my Cricut.

I cut out "Happy Birthday" from Cricut cart "Beyond Birthdays".

The stars were cut from Cricut cart "George and the Basic Shapes" along with the squares and rectangle.
Both the sentiment and stars were then painted with CI Paints "Blue Ice" to add a clear irridescent with blue highlights to them. I just love the shimmer, it always just adds a nice final touch.


Here are two different close-up shots of "Blue Ice" on a blue piece of paper and on plain cardstock. I love the hint of blue shimmer!

Yet great paint from CI Paints that is a clear irridescent with a color highlight that leaves the paper, brad, ribbon, ect. the original color and just adds a special touch of shimmer, in this case a highlight of blue!

Have a great day!

Kendra



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details:

Card Size: 4" x 9.5"

Paper: My Mind's Eye, Plain Cardstock
CI Paints: Blue Ice

Ink: DewDrop "Ivy", VersaColor "Imperial Blue"

Cricut Carts: Beyond Birthdays, George and Basic Shapes

Misc.: EK Punch Dotted Wave, Imaginisce Glam Rocks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kendra,
I love you blog! All your tips are great.
Every week we do a feature on our blog called "Website Wednesday" Where we feature a blog or website that we have come accross that we love.
This week we featured yours! We just wanted to let you know. Our blog is: http://www.twochicsandacricut.blogspot.com

We hope you have a wonderful week!