Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whoo Hoo Wed. With IBS

Whoo Hoo!!

It's time for another Whoo Hoo Wednesday tutorial with Inspired By Stamping's wonderful stamps!!

When many of us think of stamping, we think of stamps and then the color of ink we are going to use to ink them up!

Today, I am going to share with you another fun medium to use to "ink" up your stamps.

Recently, I tried using Bleach with some stamps and liked how it turned out, so I wanted to share with all of you!

Start by choosing the stamps you would like to use.
Pour some bleach into the cap.
Grab a little paint brush.
Lastly, choose your paper.
 Now, you may need to experiment a little to find a paper that works, as not all paper is affected by the bleach.

Using the paint brush lightly dip it into the cover and then brush the bleach onto the stamp.
Then stamp the image on your paper.

Here is a look at the first one I stamped:
I decided to use the new Delicate Doilies II to create a bleached background piece of paper.

Lastly, I dipped the brush into the cover and then flicked the paint brush over the paper to get a few random splatters.

I really like how it turned out!  I just love creating my own papers!


The entire piece of paper:
How fun!

As I am putting this post together looking at this finished paper, I'm thinking, these doilies would also make great snowflakes for those holiday cards!!

Moving on here is my finished card:
I used the Beautiful Ovals set to create the two layers of the stamped ovals.
The Thank You sentiment is from the set The Sky's The Limit.


I used the largest oval to create the window on this card, so that when you open it up you still see the sentiment and ovals!

Inside: 

A close-up of the front paper:


Make sure to check out the IBS Blog for some amazing inspiration and more great tutorials!!

Also, make sure to check out the IBS store for all the wonderful products!

Have a wonderful day!




1 comment:

Deb Hickman said...

Great tutorial and love the card, it's gorgeous. Deb xxx