Monday, December 19, 2016

Let It Snow Shaker

Hello Stamping Friends!

I'm on the YNS Blog today sharing how I created a super fun card using the Circle Panel Die  that I absolutely LOVE !!

It is so much fun to work with!!  I got a bunch of awesome comments on the first one I created using and crafty friends asking how I made it!  So I thought I would share how I created my shaker card, scene here, using this fun die!

I started by running the die and a piece of white cardstock through my Big Shot!

I carefully removed the die and die cut piece, as I didn't want all the negative pieces to fall out as I want to leave some in place.

I laid the die cut piece on my work station with the front side down and began to figure out which ones I was keeping white (I ran tape across to keep adhered to the die cut), which ones would be replaced with pattern paper (removed the circle completely) and which ones would become shaker parts (left in place for now and place a black dot). 
Once I had it all figured out, I ran tape in all areas possible.  I then adhered a piece of acetate across the entire back of this layer. 

I then flipped the layer over to view the front! 

As I wanted to add the sentiment and along with some snowflakes, before I start adding the foam for the shaker windows!

I decided to stamp the "Let it Snow" sentiment from the adorable Little Darling Winter stamp set in Black Olive Ink!  With the 12" of snow we are currently getting, I found it very fitting!  I also decided to add a few of the tiny snowflakes from the set as well!

Before turning back around, I decided to add my pattern pieces of paper!  I used the super cute new Winter Plaids paper pad!!

You can cut your pattern paper into little strips, so that you can place them exactly where you need the die cut circles!  This helps in not wasting the entire piece of pattern paper.


Once you have all your pieces cut you can either add tape or glue to the back of each piece and place them back in place on the acetate!

I then flipped from front to back to figure which circles I needed to remove for my shaker portion (pieces with the black dot)!  Once they are all removed, you are then ready to add some fun to your card!

I used foam 3D tape to create each of the individual shaker windows. I also added some extra around the card, so that the entire card would evenly have dimension once I added the layer to my card base.
So much fun!!

Here's my finished card:
I love all the little shaker windows, combined with the pattern paper!  So fun!!

Be sure to check out all of the lovely products at Your Next Stamp!!
You'll love them!!

Have a lovely day!




-----------------

3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

EEK!! Kendra... this is soooooo sooooooo CA-UUUUTE!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and the directions too! You make everything look awesome! I just wanted to let you know... I'm taking time off from blogging to enjoy time with my family for the holidays - I'll be back in 2017 to check out your blog with bells on! :) Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas & a Very Blessed New Year! Thanks for always inspiring me with your creations! Big HUGS!

Theresa

Migdalia said...

WOW!This is Awesome! Beautifully done!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Georgiana said...

This is awesome!!! So glad you showed the back side...that is extremely helpful.