Friday, December 16, 2016

D2BA Holiday Blog Hop

Welcome to Dare 2B Artzy's Holiday Blog Hop!!

Can you believe the Holidays are right around the corner?!
It's already the middle of December!! 

Our Designers thought it would be fun to have a Blog Hop sharing Holiday inspiration with you!  Just in case you still need some holiday crafting ideas!!  They all have created some lovely 3D Holiday Gifting Ideas!! 

You should have arrived here from Tonya's blog!  If you haven't and would like to hop along with us, please go back to the Dare 2B Artzy Blog to start at the beginning!

Be sure to follow each blog and leave comments along the way for your chance at winning!  We will randomly choose a winner from one of the blogs, so the more you comment, the more chances you have to win!!

Winner will receive a stamp set and ink pad!!

Blog Hop will end Sunday evening at 7:00pm Central. 

We will then post a winner!!

---------

I'm so excited, the holidays are right around the corner!!  The spirit has hit me the last few days!!
For my hop project, I decided to focus on creating a 3D Gift Box for a special gift for my mom!  She's been through a lot these last few weeks!

I purchased two birthstone charms (my kids birth months) for her charm bracelet she recently got, as well as a rhinestone heart charm!  I thought it would be super special to create a special box to present them to her in!

So I started by finding a cute .svg box file I really liked!  I cut it out on my Cameo two times!  This box actually cuts out as one piece!  I wanted to cut one layer up so that I could use two different pieces of pattern paper!

I used a piece of lovely Holly Days Paper  (top) and a piece of Red Sweater Paper (bottom)! 

 I absolutely LOVE how this box turned out!!    

I really like the Poinsettia Tangle stamp set!!  It is an absolutely gorgeous stamp set!  It's been one of my most go to wintery sets this holiday season!
 The Christmas sentiment from the set is so beautiful!!  What a lovely sentiment!  There are an additional three lovely sentiments in the set as well!!

Here is a close-up of my Poinsettia:
Isn't it beautiful?!?!  I love how it turned out!!  I stamped the image two times on Vellum with VersaMark ink and embossed with a lovely Pearl Embossing Powder!!  

I then fussy cut one the around the entire image and the second I fussy cut only a few of the petals, so that I could use a pop-dot between the two and make it look more 3-dimensional!! 

I think my mom will really like this package!!

---------

Thanks for stopping by! 

Your next stop on the hop is back at the beginning -  Dare 2B Artzy blog! Be sure to leave some LOVE!

We hope you were inspired!!

Check out all D2BA's products here!


Happy Holidays!!!

14 comments:

Debs said...

Gorgeous flower, so pretty.x

Tonya said...

Your box and poinsettia turned out so beautiful! I love the stamping and embossing on vellum with the pearl - it's just gorgeous! Your mom's going to love the gift and the home made packaging as well!

Unknown said...

I really LOVE the poinsettia on vellum and the box is so cute with those papers. Thanks for sharing the tutorial and the detail photos.

Avra Williams said...

So pretty! Your mom will love it!

Melody said...

Using the pearl embossing powder on the Poinsettia Tangle is absolutely stunning! I'm sure your mother will love her gift!

Jean said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing!

LeeAnn McKinney said...

This is so awesome, than you so much.

jean said...

simply stunning ,Kendra, I love your work all the time, I first met Artsy this summer in Pittsburg at the convention in July!!! love their stamps etc.!!!

Karen (karey2005) said...

The box is lovely, and the poinsettia is super oo-la-la! Beautiful.

Chris said...

love your gift box!

ionabunny said...

Oh my, that poinsettia is so gorgeous. I love it. So delicate. Beautiful project. Hugz

MiamiKel said...

Kendra. - words can't describe how positively delicate and enchanting your poinsettia is ! I love white poinsettias every year but they are so rare I think your mom is going to absolutely love this little box :-) TFS and Merry Christmas!

simply monica said...

Love the gift box idea but the flower is so stunning love love it

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! So BEAUTIFUL!

Theresa