Monday, December 5, 2016

Spinner Card Fun

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I'm on the Dare 2B Artzy Blog today!!

Today I am going to share how to create a fun spinner card!

I started by coloring in two of the same penguin images from the adorable fun Penguin Fun stamp set!!  Now by all means you can use different images and even color the images differently!!  It so happens I was multitasking at the time at a retreat with some girlfriends and really wasn't thinking and colored them the same!  Which is fine!  But it would have been fun to change them up a little!

But anyway....after coloring them with my Copics I die cut them with the matching Penguin Dies!

So next I created my card base as well as the layers I wanted to use for the front of my card.  I used white cardstock for my card base, a piece of red for my bottom layer and then a piece of beautiful Winter Plaid!

You are then ready to die cut your circle.  You can first run your layers through if you like so you can see where the circle is going to sit, then set the layers on your card base and set the die back inside and lightly trace the inner part of the circle.  Remove and place the circle die only on that half of the card and run it through your die cutting machine again.

But if it isn't too think, which in my case it wasn't, you can run it through all together.

The take a smaller circle from the same die set or another one and die cut it two times.

Lay one face down and add string along the back, then add adhesive or pop-dots.  I decided to used pop-dots!
Then place the other circle on top!  Now you have your spinner portion done!!
Cut your string! Put aside for a few seconds.

Flip your card layers over and add adhesive to the back!  Then your string spinner portion to the back as pictured below:
I try to keep the strings straight and tight.

Now you are ready to add the adorable Penguins and finish up your fun card!!!


My finished card:
Isn't it adorable?!

I also used the circle die that I used to create the layers on my card to die cut a piece of Poinsettia Paper to place behind my spinner piece on the inside of the card!  As the spinner got a little lost being white with a white background.  I think it really pulled the whole card together nicely!!

So in love with this fun card!!


I have NEVER done this before and don't know how to edit videos or anything (so don't laugh!), but I created a quick little video to show the card in action:
Such a fun card!! 


Check out all D2BA's products here!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Be sure to check back for more amazing inspiration!

Have a beautiful day! 



----------

Challenges
Great Impressions Stamps: Anything Goes
Come and Get It: Christmas
Dragonfly Journeys: Christmas Critters
Animal Friends Challenge: Anything Goes with Animal

9 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh soooo CUTE Kendra! LOVE seeing spinner cards! I have yet to make one - I may have to try it this week! Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Jeannie said...

Hi Kendra! Adorable penguin with is Christmas sweater and tie on! Very sweet card and thanks so much for the tutorial on how it all works. Thanks so much for joining my Christmas Critters blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Dreja said...

Eine fabelhafte Karte. Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
LG Dreja

StampinJessica said...

Your card is so cute ! Great work.
Thank you for joining the Animal Friends Challenge !
Jessica DT

Karen (karey2005) said...

Super fabulous and fun! Love the short video!! :)

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Amazing and So sweet and wonderul.
Thanks for joining us at Animal Friends
Hugs Anja

N-Eva said...

Oh this is beautiful, what a lovely card. Love your coloring!! The papers and image are fab! Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Jeannie said...

Hi Kendra! Just wanted to let you know that you won my Christmas Critter challenge with this darling creation. I didn't want you to miss out of collecting your prize :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Unknown said...

Super FUN card Kendra! I love those penguins and how you created your card! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month.
Wishing you a Happy & Prosperous New Year!
Ruza
Ruza's Craft Corner