Friday, March 21, 2014

Reach for the Stars with IBS and MKC

Good morning crafty friends!

It's my turn to post on the Inspired By Stamping Blog as well as Miss Kate Cuttables

So I had decided to combine the two!
As IBS stamps and MKC'S svg files work so well together!

I came up with this layout:
I love how it turned out!!

I decided to cut out the large "reach" on brown paper and use the negative portion, so that I could let the star paper show through!
StarsTitle
I used the "Reach For The Stars" file from Miss Kate Cuttables.

StarsTitle2
The arrow, is part of the Arrows stamp set from IBS.
I used the newly released Everyday Greetings from IBS for a subtitle on this layout:
A perfect match, in my opinion, with the main title!

The stamped stars are from the Oh, Baby! set.  Which I stamped under the subtitle, along with two border strips.
 I also used the Octagons set for two corners, to add a little interest!


The red shape behind the photo is the Nested Label from MKC.
I added the stars from Reach For The Stars to the Nested Label.

I liked them rounded around the Nested Label.  The added rhinestones, I think, add a nice touch.

Be sure to check out Miss Kate Cuttables Freebie of the Day!

And be sure to check out the 3 new stamp sets released by Inspired By Stamping!  They are lovely!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

that is a great layout, Kendra. I like your embellishments. Nice job.

Joan Smith said...

Your LO is amazing you sure created with a passion your little guy is so cute and handsome love is precious smile. You really captured the memories here and everything you chose sure does tell tell the story with creativity and being clever you are a very talented scrapper!!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

LOVE this layout Kendra! Great layers & texture! Great photo too, such a sweet smile.

snazzyjj said...

Love all the detail in your layout and it's a great picture of your little guy.

Do you know what happen with the monthly challenge over at Sweet Stamps? It hasn't been up dated since the Feb. contest.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Fab layout I especially like your "reach" with the star paper showing through

Anonymous said...

Great layout Kendra. Love the muted colors and how the image pops!

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is BRILLIANT!! Love all the attention to detail, gorgeous!