Saturday, May 5, 2018

Dry Embossing with Stencils

Hello Stamping Friends!!

I'm on the Dare 2B Artzy Blog today!!

I'm so super excited to share the fun I have been having with D2BA's new stencils!!  I love each one of them!  You can find them all here!!

For my post today I did a little experimenting to see how I could use these stencils to dry emboss paper!  Yep, NO embossing folder needed!!  Just the fun stencils!!

I'm using a Big Shot, so this may slightly be different between machines, I'm not sure.  But don't be afraid to experiment and have fun!!  That is exactly what I did!

Open the main plate to TAB 1 and place in your Big Shot, add a cutting pad, add your stencil and then paper:

Then add your crease pad and another cutting pad:
Run it through your Big Shot!  
Use those muscles!! 

So easy and fun!!!

Check them out:
I created a sample using each stencil!
Yes, I admit, I did the HAPPY DANCE!

How cool and exciting!!

Now for my card using one of the embossed pieces:
I love it!!

I ended up using the one embossed with the Wild Flower Stencil!!  Each one is fun, but this one worked perfect for my image I decided to use!!

The lovely image is from the Bouquet 4 You stamp set!!
I colored the image in with my Copics and then die cut it out using the coordinating die from the Fresh Picked die set!

So elegant and fun!

Check out all D2BA's products here!

Have a beautiful day! 

3 comments:

KellyRae said...

Don't you just love it when you can 'double duty' supplies? Your mother's day card is so pretty and the embossed background is the perfect complement. A tip for you when creating your dry embossed backgrounds this way ... lightly spritzing the cardstock with water before running your sandwich through the Big Shot creates deeper embossing.

cghundley said...

Awesome embossing!
Love the background
texture and the lovely
flowers.
Carla from Utah

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Kendra!!! You are NOT going to believe this but I did this same technique over the weekend!! LOL Omgosh... too funny that I show up here to read about you doing it as well!!
I used my new Gemini Jr. and a Heidi Swapp Stencil... I also used my distress inks over it... I really like how they look... yours show so much beautiful detail from the stencils... Very Pretty my friend!!!