Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bright Birthday with IBS

Good Morning Stamping Friends!!

I am on the Inspired By Stamping Blog today, featuring a fun bright Birthday card!!

I started by collecting my supplies:
 Distress Inks
Blending Tool
Black Ink
Painter's Tape
Cardstock
Stamp Set(s) - I am using Happy Sentiments

I started by first masking the sides to create a white frame.

This is optional, you don't have to do this if you don't want to.  I just wanted a nice white crisp frame!
 ** TIP: Painter's tape can on occasion tare the paper, so I usually stick the tape to me pants or shirt I am wearing to make them a little less sticky, so it doesn't tare the paper! **

Also, maybe another tip, I have not tried this, but after creating this I seen a post where someone uses washi tape for masking.  I'll be trying that next!!

Now the fun, in my opinion really begins!!

Using another piece of painter's tape, run it across your card stock any way you wish.  I decided to go on a slight diagonal slant.
Add some distress ink!  I decided to do one color for each section.

When you like how it looks, peal the tape off carefully!

Then for my next color I will need to put two pieces of tape.  You can either put the tape right where your last color ends, or leave a little space.  I decided to leave a little space to leave a white line.

Once again add some ink, this time I went with a yellow!!
 Isn't it fun so far?!  I think so!!

Repeat steps for each ink color you use till the bottom!

Now for my finished card:
I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!
So fun and bright!!

As I mentioned in my supply list above I used the fun Happy Sentiments stamp set for my sentiment.
And finished the card off by adding some enamel dots!!

------------------------

Be sure to check out the Inspired By Stamping Blog for more wonderful inspiration!!

Check out the Inspired By Stamping Store to see all the lovely stamp sets!
So many beautiful sets to choose from!!

Have a lovely day!
Happy Stamping!





------------------------

Inspired by Stamping Supplies & Tools-01

Happy Sentiments
Inspired-by-Stamping-Happy-Sentiments-Stamp-Set

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is so pretty, Kendra! I LOVE the bold color choice--and what a fabulous way to make the background! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Avra Williams said...

Great technique! Looks easy enough that even I could do it! Haha!

Scrapper69 said...

This I LOVE!!! What a cool idea - gonna have to try this one! Also... the Washi tapi does work too, but sometimes that can also rip the paper - just letting you know what's happened to me on a few occasions... not all the time... just rare instances... :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

LauraJane:) said...

FABULOUS!